to view these videos, you will need QuickTime Player

For information about voter registration, please contact Shannon Barnett at sbarnett@csusm.edu
Voter Registration forms are available in Commons 203.
These videos represent the expressions of the individual makers and not the viewpoint of A.S.I.

the burial HIGH
LOW

The Burial
The Burial is a piece about the importance of voting and what could happen if you don’t get out and vote. Voting is one of the gifts given to us by our forefathers and to not vote is to trivialize their sacrifices.

Writer and Director: Russ Ferguson
Editor: Steve Woods

the burial HIGH
LOW

Hourglass

This video is of some of the tasks people maybe doing instead of taking the time to vote on November 2. So what will you be doing November 2?

Noemi Jaramillo, Salome Corona and Teresa Garcia

the burial HIGH
LOW

Anybody But Bush
What would you say if you had a moment of George W. Bush’s time? What would you ask him? In this short video I ask him questions and he responds. The title for this video is not original. Its sentiment is felt all over the world.

Katherine Sweetman
the burial HIGH
LOW

Be Prepared

The video points to the fact that nothing lasts forever and that anything can change instantly. One example would be the Sept 11 tragedy. It was a fairly ordinary day and no one knew what was going to happen, and therefore we weren’t prepared. By registering to vote, however, we can consciously have control on how we can overcome such catastrophes by looking towards the future. This is a step towards the right direction.

Produced by: Laurie McDonald and Christian Motos

the burial HIGH
LOW

***Voted "Most Effective" by ASI Lobby Core***
Make Yourself Heard

Simple but effective sums up Make Yourself Heard. We gradually fade out our actors to emphasize the lack of college-age voters in years past. Enjoy the piece, and don’t forget to make yourself heard this coming election.

Dan Fassnacht & Vienna Tutera

the burial HIGH
LOW

Error 404

For This movie clip I wanted to tell everybody to vote and every vote counts. Also, as people drop the ballot, people may pretend / or forget to check the correct box. Sometimes they vote just to vote, not knowing. Every ballot is looked at and tallied.

Jonathan Labrador

the burial HIGH
LOW

***Voted "Most Creative" by ASI Lobby Core***
Decision Makers

This movie is a Mentos spoof that was meant to entertain as well as educate people on the importance of voting. We intended for the song to get stuck in the viewer’s head so that they would remember the video and register to vote.

Rachael Rathbun & Lisa Budvarson

the burial HIGH
LOW

You Control

This particular video incorporates the idea that 70% of persons over the age of 55 voted, as compared to only 36% of youth, ages 18-24. Jeff and myself used the idea of an older person (Jeff in costume) to lead or control students of our school. This was the perfect video.

Chris Ray and Jeff Santos

the burial HIGH
LOW

Hurry up and VOTE!
the burial HIGH
LOW

Well I just used a couple of thoughts that I had then I just put them in simple phrases then picked why I do not vote. The song is by an artist named Talib Kewli from the album Beautiful Struggle and song 13 is the song I used which is also named a beautiful struggle. I liked the things he said and can relate to what he says so his song and what he thought about the politics made me think about this.

Yanta Morrow

the burial HIGH
LOW

Motivation

So what does it take for one to get out there and vote? Ones own motivation? Nah, or do we have to change the channels on your TV?

the burial HIGH
LOW

Vote on Fire

Our video is focusing on today’s youths from the age of 18-25. We wanted to make a video that was short and to the point while keeping the viewers attention throughout. In the video we had used text only that would allow the viewer to hear the music while the text flashes faster and faster.

Kritin Fischetti and Josh Winston

the burial HIGH
LOW

Water

Looking at the process or voting and elections can make someone feel overwhelmed. We all have to keep in mind that no matter how small we are, we still have the ability to make things happen, even if it’s the smallest wave.

Brad Atherton
the burial HIGH
LOW

Vote on Fire

My video explore the idea that while there has been a great deal of outrage in the shadow of the September 11th tragedy that if any real change is going to occur then the people must vote for it. I believe that while there are many issues on the ballot that the biggest one remains the war effort in Iraq to which the primary catalyst was the September 11th bombing.

Mike Kosich

the burial HIGH
LOW
***Voted "Most Technically Proficient" by ASI Lobby Core***
Sacrifices

By showing images of valor, sacrifice, and challenges that the heroes of our country have faced to establish and defend our rights, we hope that it will inspire citizens to vote. The use of background music from the movie Armageddon was also used to inspire the patriotism and hope for the future.

Diane Hsu and Erik Guevara
the burial HIGH
LOW

A grunt and a barbarian are bickering over their lord and complaining about how horrible he is. They keep bickering until they realize that they cannot do anything about it and they could be killed for treason. The main message of the commercial is “don’t live in the dark ages. Vote for your emperor I mean president”.

Frank Rodriguez

the burial HIGH
LOW

Harm

The video focuses its attention on the problem of young people not voting. The video captures real students who do not plan to vote and gives their reason why not. I feel that this was an appropriate subject to focus on because as part of the next generation, we do not care enough to take part of an action that could affect us in the future.

Tristan Sagun and Don Nguyen
the burial HIGH
LOW

A PSA from The Man
“The Evils of Voting”
Ever think the man was holding you down? That might actually be more true than you realize in this spoof PSA from “The Man.” Watch and learn that by voting you’re actually selling out to the system (so The Man wants you to think) and that no good can come from your voter participation.

By Branden Thompson

the burial HIGH
LOW

This voter registration video shows how our choices can be so easily thrown away. We all have the choice to make our vote count. All we have to do is take advantage of that choice and don’t look at it as “Junk mail.”

Writer, Director and Editor: Colin McDonell

VSAR 305 - Voter Awareness Project
website design by theCelestrian